The Township of Red Rock
Manager of Public Works
Contract Position with Renewal, due to Re-Structuring
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Manager of Public Works is responsible for the overall leadership, management and direction of the Public Works Department. This includes overseeing the delivery of services as well as planning and maintenance of infrastructure. As a member of the senior leadership team, and working collectively with the Manager of Water and Waste Water Pollution Control Services, drives the Corporation’s strategic plan forward. The Manager of Public Works oversees the operation and maintenance of the Town’s infrastructure including roads, storm management systems, parks, recreation facilities, fleet management, bridges and culverts and as stated will work collectively with the Manager of Water/Waste Water on solid waste, water systems, wastewater systems.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Community College Diploma in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Certified member (CET, C. Tech or A. Sc. T)
- Good standing with Association of Ontario Road Supervisors
- A valid G, D, DZ driver’s license
- High level of understanding of water and wastewater systems and how they operate
- Minimum Level 1 certification in Water Treatment, Collection, Wastewater Treatment and Distribution through the MOECP preferred
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in municipal Public Works management
- Extensive experience dealing with the public, in a variety of circumstances
- Experience working within a unionized municipal environment
- Excellent knowledge of municipal engineering policies and practices; good knowledge of provincial legislation, policies and practices that impact on engineering and public works at the municipal level
- Able to read and interpret Engineer drawings, plan and profile
- Good knowledge of waste management policies and practices
- High level communication and public/staff relations skills
- Emergency Management, OH&S, WHIMS, First Aid/CPR training is a must.
- High level organization, managerial and analytical skills
- Applicants should be proficient with computer and GIS
- Minimum 35 hours per week during regular office working hours
- Combination of an office environment at a computer workstation and field work in both urban and rural settings
- Frequent callouts and attending to various matters in evenings and on weekends.
- Exposure to extremes in weather conditions of all seasons
- Must be physically fit
- Exposure to typical construction hazards
- Non-Union Position
A competitive salary based on proven experience/exposure along with an attractive benefit package. Successful candidate must provide a satisfactory criminal record check through the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) and 5-year driver’s abstract.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume and covering letter in confidence by 4:30 pm EST Friday, November 29, 2019. Please mark “Confidential – Public Works Manager” to
Chief Administrative Officer
Township of Red Rock
42 Salls Street, P.O. Box 447
Red Rock, ON
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. A criminal record check and 5-year driver abstract will be required prior to employment. Job description available upon request.