The Township of Red Rock is seeking nominations for the Province of Ontario’s Senior of the Year Award program. Submissions for Red Rock’s Senior of the Year are being accepted until Wednesday, May 10, 2023, at noon.
To be eligible, nominees must:
- Have contributed to the community after the age of 65;
- Have made their community a better place to live; and
- Be a current resident of Red Rock
Seniors who qualify for this award may have contributed to many different fields such as the arts, literature, community service, volunteering, education, environment, fitness, and humanitarian activities. Nominees cannot be someone currently holding political office.
Members of the public are encouraged to nominate candidates over the age of 65 and explain how this candidate shows tremendous dedication to the community or has a positive influence within Red Rock.
Nominations should include:
- The name and contact information of the person making the nomination;
- The name of the person being nominated and their contact information; and
- A summary highlighting the nominee’s contributions to the community.
Nominations can be submitted to Mark Figliomeni, CAO/Clerk, at email@example.com, or delivered in person to the Municipal Office.
About the Award: The annual Senior of the Year Award was established in 1994 to give each municipality in Ontario the opportunity to honour one outstanding local senior, who, after the age of 65, has enriched the social, cultural or civic life of his or her community. The award pays tribute to this accomplishment, while simultaneously showing how seniors are making a difference in the lives of those around them.
More information on the 2023 Senior of the Year Award can be found on the Government of Ontario’s website, Honours and awards: community | ontario.c