Township of Red Rock Update
The Township of Red Rock Mayor and Council has initiated a Declaration of Emergency in accordance with the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act 1990, s.4.(1) due to COVID-19, effective Friday March 27, 2020. This is a precaution in order to access additional resources and funding during this pandemic when and if required in order to protect the health and safety of our residents and businesses.
At this time, the Declaration of Emergency does not impact operations of the Township of Red Rock; except for our Recreation Centre, Fitness Centre, Interpretive Centre, Marina and Library. The Municipal Office, Public Works Garage, and Fire Department are closed to the public, but still operational. The Landfill Site is fully operational.
It is important to note that there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 within the Township of Red Rock. To support and reduce the health severity of COVID-19, Red Rock residents and families are requested to ensure the following measures are adhered too.
Precautions to follow:
- All residents are reminded that there are precautions and actions they need to seriously follow in order to protect their health and health of others.
- If you or any family member contract flu like symptoms, please shelter in place and do not visit any business to get groceries, mail and/or other staple goods. Conduct your business by phone and/or electronically. Groceries and other items required can be delivered on your behalf. Visit community web site for community individuals prepared to assist.
- Wash hands often with soap and water and/or alcohol-base hand sanitizer.
- If you sneeze or cough use your sleeve or Kleenex.
- Practice social distancing (2 meters, 6 ft) as much as possible (avoid shaking hands).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Self-isolate if you are exhibiting any symptoms fever, cough or shortness of breath. Contact your health professionals.
Red Rock residents returning from vacation and/or business from out of the country, it is now MANDATORY to self-isolate for 14 days. Failing to adhere to this order under the Federal Quarantine Act will result in appropriate agencies and officials being notified. Fines will be issued.
To all residents traveling from anywhere outside of the NWO Region, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you self-isolate for 14 days upon return. This includes social visits and public places.
It is vital that our residents undertake all public health precautions and follow the directions of our District Health Care Units/facilities, assessment centers as not to exceed the capacity of our local health-care system.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Municipal Office at (807) 886-2245.