The community of Red Rock is an excellent portal and has the infrastructure to support transportation of goods via highway, rail and shipping. The community has excellent investment opportunities for both small and large business. The Red Rock market offers commercial buildings and vacant land for purchase. The Township of Red Rock invites entrepreneurs to visit the community and meet with the municipal staff to discuss prospects.
Economic Development Office
The Economic Development Office located on the lower level of the municipal office. The Economic Development Office priorities include:
- To research and analyze the needs of the local business community
- To develop materials to promote the economic development of the Township
- To develop a New Business Recruitment Plan
- To develop a business retention plan
- To develop an incentive plan for new and existing businesses
- To inform the community in general of local initiatives to promote economic growth
- To compile information on land availability, housing, utilities, schools, taxes, fees, small business loans and grants and other information that may be of assistance to prospective businesses and entrepreneurs
Located on the breath taking north shore of Lake Superior, the world's largest fresh water lake, Red Rock is a prime location for cultivating innovation and new business development. People here are creative, educated, loyal and hardworking.
Red Rock is less than an hour from Thunder Bay International Airport and only minutes from the Trans Canada Highway, Canada's main transportation corridor. The Canadian Pacific Rail Service runs through Red Rock daily with connections throughout North America. International shipping by sea is only fifty minutes away via the deep water port in Thunder Bay. Easy access to national and international markets, affordable housing, high-speed Internet and exceptional educational institutions make Red Rock a logical choice to live, work and play. Wouldn't you want to do business here?
The area has a wide variety of social, recreational and cultural activities, including a world class annual music festival. Adventure and ecotourism thrive here, with phenomenal opportunities for growth in tourism. The affluent luxury pleasure craft market is growing, providing fuel for Red Rock's beautiful marina located at the Top of Lake Superior.
In Red Rock, you won't be a stranger on a congested street. You will breathe fresh air, drink clean water and your children will be playing with others in a community that cherishes its quality of life. Come for a visit and see what Red Rock has to offer; you may just stay for a while.
42 Salls Street
PO Box 447
Red Rock Ontario
|Economic Development Officer