The Beautification Committee is a committee of council. It is a band of intrepid volunteers dedicated to making the town look fantastic, with hanging flower pots, planted trees, and by maintaining gardens throughout the main street and other areas in town. With the upcoming Annual Events each summer and many visitors traveling through the community, Red Rock will really shine as ... a Superior Treasure.
If you are interested in purchasing a memorial tree, financially support the Beautification Committee work or volunteer for the committee, please click here.
The Beautification Committee has been a recipient of the following awards:
- 2010 Community in Bloom Award
- 2009 Organization of the Year from the Land of Nipigon Chamber of Commerce
The Beautification Committee has been recipients of the following grants:
- 2012 Community Fisheries and Wildlife Involvement Program
- 2011 Union Gas Centennial Community Grant
- 2010 Superior North CFDC Local Initiatives Contribution
- 2009 Community Fisheries and Wildlife Involvement Program
- 2008 Superior North CFDC Local Initiatives Contribution
The Beautification Committee would not have been able to complete their projects if it weren't for the public donations received and thanks all those who have donated to their projects.
The Township of Red Rock built a community garden on lower Rankin Street in Red Rock. The purpose of the community garden is to provide families with an area to plant and grow vegetables and herbs. The communtiy garden is a great educational tool and experience. If you are interested in volunteering or planting seeds in the community garden please contact: Sara Park by phone 886-2392.
Wedding Ceremony Locations
Gazebo or platform wedding: $100 per event
Marina park wedding: $200 per event